U - Vai alla lettera: A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z. - Homepage.
* * *
under the hammer
1. There was intense interest in the iconic costumes as they unter the hammer.
2. Potential buyers, gathered in a Los Angeles auction house, faced competition from bidders on the phone and the internet.
3. The central piece was Maria’s outfit, described by the auctioneers as “a heavy brown homespun Austrian-style dress with a wheat-coulered homesspun blouse”.
4. The floral lederhosen worm by the Von Trapp children were also part of the collection.
5. The identity of the successful bidder has not been revelead.
6. The Sound of Music costumes were sol as part of a two-day auction of Hollywood memorabilia.
BBC Today’s phrase: Under a cloud.
- After 20 year at the company, Sean left suddenly a cloud.
- Money was stolen from Jane’s desk and now everyone is under a cloud of suspiscion.
- I use a computer for work.
- The person is using a computer to write an e-mail.